Advice from Diane
ARE YOU A SPOONIE?
Find out about what this term means, and see if it could apply to you in your condition.
- Do you have to take a lot of medication?
- Do you experience pain in multiple parts of your body?
- Ways to take care of yourself
Advice From Patient Advocate Diane Talbert
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE A SPOONIE? WHAT ARE THE SIGNS?
If You Suffer From Psoriasis, You Might Be a Spoonie
So what is a spoonie? It’s a term that’s used with chronic illness conditions. You used spoons to explain your lack of energy. Do you know if you are a spoonie?
How I Knew I Was a Spoonie:
- I realized I was a spoonie when my medicine bag was bigger than my purse.
- I would also call myself a spoonie because I have my doctors cell phone number.
- Pain would also keep me on the list. I just don’t know what part of my body will hurt from one day to the next.
- Not only do I know my pharmacist by there first names, but know the husbands and children names too.
- I have to wake up 30 minutes early to tell myself that it’s time to get up.
Learn How to Take Care of Psoriasis Symptoms
There is so much more that could be added to the list, but the bottom line is that you have to take care of yourself. It can be a day out, shopping or whatever. Whatever makes you happy.
If it’s just resting, reading, taking time for yourself; just do it.
At the end of the day, it’s what makes you happy!