HELP OUR CAUSE
Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and improve conditions. Your generous donation will fund our mission.
IT’S ALL IN YOUR HEAD
“Nobody understood my pain, except me.”
Go take an aspirin. A doctor said this to me once. I had pain and still do. My doctors didn’t believe me. Different types of pain:
- Acute pain that starts suddenly and feels sharp
- Chronic pain lasts for a long time.
- Breakthrough pain is a sudden pain.
- Bone pain
- Soft tissue pain
- Nerve pain
- Referred pain
- Phantom pain
I WANT TO HELP THOSE WITH CHRONIC PAIN BY RAISING AWARENESS
Pain is real. I want to help those with chronic pain by raising awareness and by educating.
Learn what advocates do to help people suffering from psoriasis and PsA.
- Organizations working to help
- Pain warriors by your side
- Educating yourself about pain management
Do you know what makes a good patient advocate for your community?
Why do people in pain seek the help of a good patient advocate?
- Wealth of knowledge
- Wide network of support systems
- Get help from someone who has had similar experiences
HoW do you know if you are a Spoonie? what are the signs?
Find out about what this term means, and see if it could apply to you in your condition.
- Do you have to take a lot of medication?
- Do you experience pain in multiple parts of your body?
- Ways to take care of yourself
Why Do We Have To Demand To Be Helped?
When you have chronic pain, you need to help. Here are some of my experiences:
- Not understood by family
- Juggling several doctors
- Finding someone to listen to you about your pain
Mental Limitations That Can Effect You
How does this disease limit your mental capabilities?
- Staying in bed with pain
- Overwhelming emotions
- Inability to focus on projects
- Daily challenges
When Being in Pain Is a Pain
What causes the pain and irritation that accompanies psoriasis?
- Characteristics of psoriasis
- What we know about how this disease works
- Recognize the pain and find a way to cope